Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Perseverance

Sometimes we set goals for ourselves and are encountered by road blocks and detours. It is so easy to stop and quit and in the same token it is so hard to keep going. We must remember that we are all here for a reason and with perseverance you will reach your final destination and fulfill your purpose. You must not give up trying, you must not give up hope. Someone is watching you and is inspired by your strength that you exhibit in doing so. That my friends means more than any trophy you could ever receive. Reaching your goals would not be as satisfying if it was just given to you on a silver platter. One of my goals has been to attain my pro status in the IFBB. Time and time again, I have met this blockage in the road that will not allow me to compete for my pro status. I cannot believe to tell you how disheartening this is for me. I made some pretty drastic changes in my life over the last 3 years to better myself and grow as a person. Not knowing that it would ultimately prevent me from attaining something that I thought I needed and wanted.

I realized something this morning after again being told that I cannot compete for my pro status this year. A quote by an American poet and Philosopher Henry David Thoreau sums it up. It reads,

“Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing it is not fish they are after.”

One of my main reasons for starting my blog, writing my thoughts and standing up on stage as a proud woman was and is to inspire people of all ages to fight for what you believe in. Stand up for who you are and to open your horizons and thoughts as to what you are capable of. The possibilities are endless. I have been so blessed to have met and befriend so many wonderful people through my journey. I have been told by many how much I inspire them and how much they look up to me. It's funny because I am looking right back at them thinking the same thing. Am I fulfilling my purpose? Am I reaching my goals? I think so… I will eventually be allowed to compete for my pro status and when that time comes I will make you all proud. But until then, I will remember that my purpose on this planet is not to receive a trophy but to help mankind cherish the gifts we cherish and love thy neighbor and be good to yourselves. I will continue to persevere and inspire, because I am defining my own Sexy-Strong.

Have a wonderful and blessed day.

“Hide not your talents. They were made for your use . What's a Sundial in the shade?”


5 comments:

  1. You have a beautiful soul Khay... You will get there. xoC

    ReplyDelete
  2. why cant you Khay? If its not personal if it is sorry i understand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Khay, you are the epitome of defining your own sexy-strong, and also of creating your own destiny. You ARE fulfilling your purpose, and you ARE reaching your goals. This is a wonderful journey you are taking, and I also choose to remain sexy-strong right there along with you!

    I wish you the best!

    Katharine Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kay, you are without a doubt a true inspiration to me and many, many others! Dreams do come true and to some easier than others. Your dream will transpire and once it does it will only be that much more rewarding!! Keep staying sexy-strong and don't forget...“The more intensely we feel about an idea or a goal, the more assuredly the idea, buried deep in our subconscious, will direct us along the path to its fulfillment.”

    Your friend,
    LC Mikolajczyk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks or the comment khay my blog did you see your pic me u and elena :) makes me feel great necxt to 2 beautifull athletic women!

    ReplyDelete